venerdì 22 aprile 2016

EARTH DAY 2016


22nd  APRIL  2016

A  great  day to celebrate the  Earth .This year  the best day to celebrate it...............

Today is an important date, it is   EARTH DAY , and more and more educators and people are talking about it and discussing the issue of earth and the environment.
Educators have now access to many tools online where they share ideas and activities. Social networks can help them in providing links to tasks  and interesting articles to brainstorm the topic and help the students think about the problems the earth is facing. 
I just googled  the term  Earth Day and I came across an interesting article,which I think we should all read:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/04/21/earth-day-2016-five-facts-to-inspire-you-and-how-to-get-involved/

I also checked among the many mails which  I received this week and I could find lots of links to activities shared by teachers and which we can use. I also think that competences in English can better if we talk and discuss about  interesting topics that can interest our  students and PBL can help us in developing the best interactive activities thanks to new tools.

To begin with  PADLET is a great tool which can help us share links and documents : this is one worth checking.






A great  source is   the  hashtag  #  EARTH DAY where you can find the best links shared by people from all over the world.






There are also  Livebinders  where teachers have collected the best activities:



Click here to open this binder in a new window.

Click here to open this binder in a new window.




Finally, I created my own collection of materials after I checked online and  used my favourite tool  Pearltrees: I must confess that I found  so many weblinks that I am aware that the community of educators has been working well.  


EARTH DAY ONLINE MATERIALS AND MORE, by italianteacher



And the great news from today: yes, we can do something to help our earth....... 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento