venerdì 23 giugno 2017

Internet and ELT: sharing is caring

Thanks to the Internet we have access to plenty of resources - some are free while others are not. In some cases, we can rely on open education resources online ( OER)  and educators can build their lessons on what is online, in some other cases they need to give credit to the owner of the image or any source which has been used.
I like to surf the web and I have found a lot of interesting websites where I can find sources for my ELT lessons. I use videos from Youtube or the BBC, my students can rely on free lessons in English which have been shared by educators or  ELT  bloggers.
Here is a list of the best sources where I have found interesting documents or videos which can be used while working online with my students.
Most of them are videos and lesson plans or teaching units/modules which have been collected and developed by other teachers.You need to have an account but in most cases you can develop your lessons and work with your students online and also at school.





OER- https://creativecommons.org/about/program-areas/education-oer/


You can learn about OER online or you can watch this interesting video: it deals with resources which are free and can be used with the appropriate license. I think it is worth sharing and should be watched by teachers who work or prefer to work without using a textbook and work by using the so-called flipped classroom model  .






I will  have to learn more about credits and  resources which are free but  I think that we have to rely on these  tools as more and more education is in the cloud .  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento